Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in Review

Yay! Yet another year and my life hasn't gone pear-shaped!

Since everyone else seems to be doing it, thought I'd jot down a few of the important things that have (and haven't) happened this year.
  • Got a real job! Yay positive income! Still learning the ropes and begging those around me for help on a nearly daily basis, but in theory, eventually, I'll have mastery over the work. At least that's what they tell me. And I trust my managers/elders.
  • Moved to Folsom! Kinda stunk in that I can't keep up as well with all the awesome people I knew in Davis (miss you Catalyst people!). Sure we have Facebook and IM, but it's not the same as seeing them on a weekly basis and hanging out and catching up. On the other hand, I've been getting to know some new awesome people around here as well. Major shout-out to the people at Fusion for making me feel welcome, plus the crew at work for all the fun we've had and will have.
  • Graduation with a Masters. DING. To be honest, I don't feel like I learned all that much from the extra school except how stupid I can be and how sometimes painful the academia system can be. Granted, without it I probably wouldn't have a job and I wouldn't have had the personal growth I had while in Davis, but academically Mudd was far superior in terms of shoveling awesome knowledge into me. Still, learned lots of random things.
  • Moving is funsies. Dealing with stupid things like setting up internet and moving giant pieces of furniture? Not as much.
  • Got to travel to MLG, see some awesome StarCraft live, meetup with Sean and Kevin, good times. Also, hilarious singing on the drive back. Bonus points to Derick for setting it all up.
  • Wedding! Car rides going up and down! Driving! ON A BOAT!
  • Wedding! Barns on fire! Seeing Davis buddies! Family!
  • I continue my saga of becoming more awesome since I don't have to spend time (nor money) on a girlfriend.
  • Napa trip. Tasting wines. Steph really, really can't hold her liquor. Also, I hate stiff brakes. Introducing Dominion (mwahahah more addicts!). Karaoke.
  • 4th of July in Vegas. Seeing some awesome shows, doing some hanging around, making a little money on the tables.
  • Not enough game nights. Realizing how much I've switched from a producer to a consumer, and a pretty poor consumer at that.
  • LAN Parties.
  • Lots and lots of late-night talks. Politics. People. Dancing. Game design and strategy.
  • Bible Studies! Both learning to lead one properly and participating in an awesome one.
  • Running lots of A/V. Playing lots of music. Except that's not happening as much anymore. Sad face.
  • Cooking.
Here's to a pretty decent year, and looking forward to another one with crazy stuff waiting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment