Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Am I a Gamer?

Let's look at the facts for a moment.

  • I have the ability to break team balance in a number of games
  • I have participated in several 24 Hour gaming marathons
  • I organized these 24 Hour gaming marathons
  • I played for a few seasons in the pro league of a game
  • I tend to muse about game balance, game theory, and good vs. bad game mechanics
  • I've played nearly every genre of games and enjoy them all
  • I have over 170GBs of data in the Games directory of my computer as of this post
  • I understand l337-speak
  • One of my first questions about a living space is about the quality of the internet (after stuff like rent, sanitary-ness, etc.)
  • I have run dedicated game servers (with remote admin powers and mods)
  • I have introduced and gotten other people addicted to particular games
  • I post on game development forums with ideas and advice about the design of their game
  • I have done mapping for a game
  • I have tried to balance and optimize above mentioned map to enjoyable playing experience
  • I actively look for mods that will increase the longevity of using a game/game engine
  • I have bought games with the express purpose of playing a mod for that game
  • I have completed full games of Civ4, Fall from Heaven, Sins of a Solar Empire, and more (for you non-gamers, these games typically take several play sessions for mere mortals)
  • I have completed single-player campaigns in a single day, only stopping for food and biological needs
  • I dig up old games to play from time to time (and not out of boredom)
  • I built my computer to play modern games
  • I enter betas to test out games before they're released
  • I have a game list of games that I own but haven't played yet
  • I have not completed the campaigns for several canonical games
  • I do not play World of Warcraft
  • This past week I've played about 10 hours of games total, and that's a binge
  • I hate level grinding and 100% completion runs
  • GameFAQs guides have allowed me to progress in some games
  • I have yet to fully complete a Final Fantasy game, except Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced on the GameBoy
  • The only game mediums I've owned are GameBoys and PCs
  • I almost never spend more than $30 on games per month
  • I rarely pre-order something unless it's a wicked deal
  • I didn't play StarCraft until late High School (it originally came out around my middle school years)
  • In many games, I'm considered a noob.
Hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment